Wednesday, July 6, 2016

App store in Windows 8.1 wont open and can't refresh

App store in Windows 8.1 wont open and can't refresh

I have tried every fix without success.
Just spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft Support, my problem has been elevated to level 2 and they are going t ring me back tomorrow hopefully with a fix.
In the meantime I hope someone here can help:
Problem:
When I click on the Windows App store the splash screen opens but the star device just spins indefinitely and wont progress.
The app then starts using a lot of memory resources and my CPU fan revs up.  I have to close both the app store and app store broker
via task.
This problem started a few weeks ago, prior to that it worked fine after the 8.1 upgrade.
Solutions I have tried:
It's not a third party virus scanner blocking it, I had Malware Bytes installed but I have uninstalled and restarted and problem persists.
Also my two other networked PCs have the same setup without a problem.
I don't have AVG or anything else installed.
I actually removed all third party programs from this PC in case there was some other bizarre conflict.
Tried the CMD line powershell fix ie: powershell - Executionpolicy unrestricted add-appxpackage......
No error messages were displayed, but didn't fix the problem
Tried the run wsreset.exe fix, that didn't work.
Tried the windows store app trouble shooter repair program from Microsoft, everytime I run it it detects missing or corrupt files and fixes it and tells me my display adapter is out of date and fixes it.
I think these are both false positives as the display
drivers are up to date and I haven't had any hardware changes.
I have tried numerous malware/virus scanners and nothing detected.
I have switched it off and on again more times than I care to remember.
Windows update it working fine, it updates as it should.
I conceded defeat this morning and tried to refresh my PC.
Of course I couldn't;  it said I was missing files and would need a recovery/installation media (Googled it, common problem with windows 8.1 upgrade).
Made an installation USB and refresh started
fine but when it restarted it booted to a select keyboard layout screen but I had lost all input devices and was unable to select any options! I tired using wired keyboard/mouse, blue tooth devices, tried changing USB ports and every combination but nothing
would work.
I was forced to hard reset and start again with the same problem of no input device every time.
I don't have touch screen BTW.
Its a wired Microsoft mouse and keyboard too....
So I bit the bullet and rang Microsoft support.
They were puzzled as to the input device failure during refresh and couldn't offer a solution.
They attempted to deploy a remote refresh which got to 20% and froze....
They then attempted to fix the original
Windows Store problem with the proceedures I have mentioned above and already tried myself.
I have seen a solution of creating an entirely new account to access the store, but I want to use my existing account, as its connected across all my devices.

So here I am, waiting for their call back tomorrow.
Any help in the meantime would be appreciated.

Anwsers to the Problem App store in Windows 8.1 wont open and can't refresh

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi MichaelKerslake,
I appreciate the steps that you have tried and thank you for the information provided.

1.
When you say 'forced to hard reset', have you reset the computer to factory settings?
2.
What is the make and model of the computer?
I would suggest you to perform the steps provided here and check the results.

Perform SFC scan to check if there is any system corrupted files.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us
Creating a new user account is another solution, I would recommend you to create a new user and check the results.
If the user profile is corrupted, we can create a new user account and transfer all your data and settings to it.
You can use the new user
profile normally even after transferring all the data.

Hope this information helps.
Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

To install drivers and other optional updates

  1. To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
  2. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
  3. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  4. If any updates are found, click View available updates.
  5. Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: App store in Windows 8.1 wont open and can't refresh:

How to Fix App store in Windows 8.1 wont open and can't refresh with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: How to Resolve - Any free animation software??,Troubleshoot:Am new to MS Word 2010, and have a recurring KEYBOARD INPUT nuisance issue,Troubleshooting:All shortcuts on my desktop are directed to Internet Explorer Error,Fast Solution to Error: Apple on Boot camp?,another computer on this network has the same IP adress as this computer what can i do Tech Support,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open

No comments:

Post a Comment