back light fails to restart after a resume from sleep
My back light fails to restart after a resume from sleep.
This behavior started a few days ago after a windows update.
This machine has been resuming after sleep just fine since 12/08/2010.
When I start up my HP dv7 notebook after a sleep I can clearly see the windows 4 panel glowing logo - back light is clearly working.
Then the back light goes out.
The machine is running normally - I use it if I connect an external monitor.
Shutting down and restarting clears this issue.
I do not see this problem using hibernate.
I have updated the ATI drivers.
This must be a software issue - windows is directing the back light to turn off.
UPDATE (9/24/2011): Check out:
In the advanced power settings under PCI EXPRESS set the Link management to "MAXIMUM POWER SAVINGS".
Will be testing this week, but I think this is the solution.
Anwsers to the Problem back light fails to restart after a resume from sleep
This appears to have done the trick.
I down loaded the driver from HP.COM (no small feat - confussing support site - too many options - too many results on searches) and installed.
The driver update to not work.
I still am seeing the backlight fail on Sleep (slapping the shut).
What I have discovered is if I re-close the lid, repeat plugging the power in and removing it seval times, then opening the lid the back light activates.
Is it hardware? I don't think so.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: back light fails to restart after a resume from sleep:
How to Fix back light fails to restart after a resume from sleep with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Troubleshoot:Automatic update continues to prompt when no update needed,[Solved] Attempting to upgrade to IE 8 and on installation get error msg: the procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll. What to do next?,Solution to Problem: Backing Up Moving files used daily from one folder to another,Troubleshooting:Backup and\/or formatting dvds causes drive to go into a loop. Need to manually eject to stop it. Error,Solution to Error: Backup and Restore fails to back up to a network location.Error: 0x8078012D',application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?