Book1 doesn't close when other file opened
Though I'm running Office 2007, I don't know if this problem is version specific.
When I start up Excel, it automatically opens a Book1.
But when I open another workbook, Book1 isn't closed.
This always used to happen.
The problem seems to stem
from my recent creation of a modified default template - book.xltx.
The only difference between it and the normal template is that I changed the cell's default horizontal alignment from Bottom to Top (a default I've never understood), so I doubt it's the contents
of the template and suspect it's the template's mere existence.
When I rename book.xltx to zbook.xltx, everything works fine.
So my question is, can you have your own default template without breaking this feature, or do you then have to add a macro to the
template to mimic the behavior Excel was previously handling on its own?
Update: Realized I could test whether it was the mere existence of a template overriding the default by switching back to the default template and creating a book.xltx out of it.
A book.xltx which is identical to the Microsoft default template still causes
Anwsers to the Problem Book1 doesn't close when other file opened
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Book1 doesn't close when other file opened:
How to Fix Book1 doesn't close when other file opened with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: [Solved] Brightness not working after Windows 8.1 upgrade?,Solution to Problem: boot\\bcd deleted after changing boot settings.,browser highlighter not working properly,How to Fix Problem - BSOD on shutdown?,Browser keeps saying to upgrade to 8.1 [Solved],All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work