Calculating hours between dates
I submitted this question to the Word Forum instead of this forum - just haven't got weaned off the discussion groups yet.
Using Access 2007 with Win 7, how can I subtract one date (medium time format) from another date and place the number of hours difference between the two times into my table? Using Form, I can display the difference (with AM/PM displayed), but I don't know
how to insert that difference into my Table File. Thanks for any help.
Tomc. PS, I don't know Visual Basic.
Keys to the Problem Calculating hours between dates
If your table already has the two time values, you should not be saving the difference in the table. Instead you can use a calculated field in any query on the table.
Need more details to figure out how to calculate the difference. If you only want the number of hour boundaries that the two times cover, use DateDiff("h", time1, time2). If you want to include a fraction of an hour, then use DateDiff("n", time1, time2)/60.
If you want the difference in hours and minutes, use DateDiff("n", time1, time2) \ 60 & Format(DateDiff("n', time1, time2) Mod 60, "\:00"). If you want to continue to use the expression time1 - time2 and that (or any sum of thpse) will always be less than
24 hours, then use a custom format in whatever you are using to display the difference 0:00
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Calculating hours between dates
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Calculating hours between dates:
How to Fix Calculating hours between dates with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.184.108.40.206 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.220.127.116.11 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Troubleshoot:Bulleted Lists Within Word,CAC reader inop, need drivers SCR331 [Solved],Troubleshoot:Buttons on Paint program ribbon changed,Fast Solution to Problem: calculate field value based on time of day,Troubleshooter of Error: Calculated Field does not give the correct result,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work