All my documents have suddenly saved as notepad. How do I get them back to word so i can access them?
all my documents have suddenly become saved as notepad.
how do i get them back to word documents so i can access them?
Keys to the Problem All my documents have suddenly saved as notepad. How do I get them back to word so i can access them?
It seems that the default program to open Microsoft Office Word Files has changed to Notepad.
Please refer to this link to learn how to change it back to Microsoft Office Word:
Change which programs Windows uses by default
Please get back to us with the status of this issue.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error All my documents have suddenly saved as notepad. How do I get them back to word so i can access them?
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: All my documents have suddenly saved as notepad. How do I get them back to word so i can access them?:
How to Fix All my documents have suddenly saved as notepad. How do I get them back to word so i can access them? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: ,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,All desktop shortcuts opening with Windows Media Player by default. Error codes C00D1199 and C00D0FEA.,All browsers are having corrupted Arial font issues, and it's persistent with each reboot after installing Arial font.,All desk icons open Media Player