After recent updates, log in is black screen on windows 8?
Hi, I bought Windows 8 Pro and did a clean install on my hp pavilion dv7.
I set it as the main OS and wiped 7.
It runs great until I install the first windows updates and then when it restarts it shows the loading windows screen, but where the log in should
be, I just get a black screen.
And I know its not trying to display on another screen because I can see the back light in the screen on.
Also my graphics drivers are up to date and the computer runs a directx 11 ati mobility Radeon.
Can someone please tell
me how to update my laptop without losing the ability to use it at all?
if I click and type in my password (as if to pretend the screen is there just not visible) it shows the desktop background and the start bar programs but no icons.
And they aren't clickable and I cant get to the start screen when this is done.
Anwsers to the Problem After recent updates, log in is black screen on windows 8?
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After recent updates, log in is black screen on windows 8?:
How to Fix After recent updates, log in is black screen on windows 8? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator