Got a cd Office Excel 2007 via e Bay; product key on package not accepted. Is there a way to get a key, or should I just return it to sender?
When I attempt to type in the product key to activate the program, MS tells me
that it can't accept some of the digits.
I've tried a couple times to no avail
Solutions to the Problem Got a cd Office Excel 2007 via e Bay; product key on package not accepted. Is there a way to get a key, or should I just return it to sender?
Which digits is it having problems with?
Not all of these rules apply to 2007, but they are a guide line
Invalid Product Key - "This is not a valid Office product key.
Verify that you have the correct key and retype it."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178 2010 - has a “wizard” that steps through possibilities, many links
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2549291 2007/2003 - links to possible solutions
More details please.
Which Office bundle did you buy: Home and Student, Home and Business, Office Pro?
About the computer itself:
· Is this a new (from the manufacturer) computer
· Are you re-installing Office on the same computer
· Are you trying to transfer the license to another computer
What form of license did you buy?
· a Retail Boxed CD that allows 2 or 3 concurrent activations (how many do you have)
· a Product Key Card that allows 1-user / computer activation
· Factory installed and activated (mostly for 2007 and earlier)
Where did you buy it from?
· retail electronics store
· online electronics store
· an individual online (ebay, kijiji etc)
· online download
· installed at the computer factory
Did you get it as part of a special discount program?
· Home Use Program, HUP
· Academic / University discount
· Military discount
Exactly where did you get the Product Key you used?
· Inside the big-ugly-yellow-plastic-CD Box
· a Product Key Card
· online purchase confirmation email
· sticker on the computer
· Certificate of Authenticity or other MS Paperwork
EXACTLY what steps are you taking to install and activate Office.
· Did you activate the factory installed trial
· Did you install a trial then use a purchased product key to activate it
· Did you uninstall the factory trial
· Did you install from CD
· Did you download from internet and install in 1 step
· Did you download from internet, saving to HD.
Then run the downloaded file to do the installation
There are a few possible causes.
They boil down to:
· simple typo or misreading of Product key
· other simple user mistakes / misunderstandings
· technical problems like incorrect Windows Access Rights
· conflicts with other software
The tool in KB 836178 walks you through a trouble shooting procedure for Office 2010 Product Keys
This behaviour may occur for one or more of the following reasons.:
· You have a Trial Version of Office installed that is “intercepting” the activation attempt, uninstall it first
· Check the numbers and letters on the product key:
§ the number eight (8) can resemble a capitalized B,
§ the number zero (0) can resemble a capitalized O or Q
§ the number six (6) and letter G
§ the letters V V and letter W
· Office 2010 Product Keys do not Contain following Characters:
· Numbers: 0 1 5
· Letters: A E I L N O S U Z
· Copy the product key from an email message to avoid typing errors.
· Make sure that you are not using a product key from an older version of Office.
These product keys will not work with Office 2010.
· If you are using a product key from a sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop, or on the back of your desktop computer, look VERY CAREFULLY at the sticker.
They are usually the stickers for Microsoft
Windows Product Key and will NOT work with Office 2010.
· If a Product Key Card was purchased at a retail store and activated at the register, do not use the key that is inside the card to unlock Office 2010.
You must logon to the website listed on the card
and follow the instructions to obtain the actual product key for the version of Office that you purchased.
· A product key for an Office 2010 stand-alone product (such as Microsoft Visio Professional 2010) will not be accepted as a product key for an Office 2010 suite.
It is important to match the product key
to the product for which it is specified.
· Volume License product keys will not be accepted for a retail Office 2010 product.
· Product Keys that start with “FC7HF” can only be used on Office Web Apps running on SharePoint
· Check your Windows Product ID in the Help about screen.
Ie PID 00426-068-0288566-86858 Focus on the 3 digit part of the ID if it matches or is within one or two digits of the examples below
· 065, 066, 067, 068 for Ultimate,
· 220, 221 are for Pro
· 230, 231, 221, 232
are for Premium,
· you probably have an MSDN or Technet key.
There are probably others but they should be close to these posted
· If none of the above conditions apply, before, or after trying the following procedures you may want to do a Phone Activation
and ask the service rep to explain what the specific problem is.
About MSDN or TechNet Product Keys
They are genuine Microsoft product keys for retail licenses, but not for Retail sale.
They are intended for a particular product channel either the Microsoft Software Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet for IT Professionals who pay a subscription fee.
The main purpose is for evaluation purposes.
It is for one person only to use and no one else.
Unfortunately, regardless of the licensing terms, persons still abuse the program, either giveaway product keys or resell it on auction sites.
What probably happened is, you bought an MSDN licensed key, which carries up to 10 activations unlike full packaged retail licenses which only carry 1 activation.
The person who sold it to you probably sold it to 10 other persons.
Somewhere along the
way, one of those persons might have installed it on a second system, activated it, because it went past 10 activation threshold, Microsoft detected it that it was being abused and blocked the key from further use.
You can confirm that your software is genuine now.
It’s quick and easy:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/ Click the 'Validate Windows' button.
If the validation check fails, then you are going to have to buy your product again.
You should contact the vendor for a refund.
Depending on where they are in the scam cycle
they may give you the refund or they will string you along with delays.
You should also contact your credit card company to cancel the transaction or to at the very least give them a heads up on the scam so that they can deny the scammer any further sales.
You may also want to report the vendor to
If it is a legitimate purchase, then you are possibly having a known problem with Win7.
There are 3 possible causes, 4 possible fixes:
First confirm that you are not making a simple typing error.
Second, it may be an access rights problem.
There are 2 possible fixes for it.
Either activate using "Run As Admin" or "Take Ownership" of the problem drive folders and registry entries.
I have provided links to several articles for these types of
Pick one that you can follow and try it.
Third do a phone activation
Try doing a phone activation.
Don't reply to the initial prompts (you already know they won't be accepted), wait (a long time) until you are offered the option of talking to a live service rep.
They should be able to explain the problem.
Other than that, yes, return to sender AND contact you should contact your Credit Card company to cancel the transaction (don't rely on the seller to do it for you).
Check if there are memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
- Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
- Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
- The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Got a cd Office Excel 2007 via e Bay; product key on package not accepted. Is there a way to get a key, or should I just return it to sender?:
How to Fix Got a cd Office Excel 2007 via e Bay; product key on package not accepted. Is there a way to get a key, or should I just return it to sender? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Can t mount ISO files from a network share since Windows 8 1 realtek drivers download Experiencing poor wireless connectivity high packet loss and latency after Windows 7 upgrade Intel WiFi Link 5100 wireless card when computer has been running idle for a while realtek hd audio drivers iPod Nano 1st gen gets error Code 43 in Windows 7 realtek drivers Problem with Wireless Connection in Windows 7 realtek sound drivers Start Up Hangup on new Windows 8 1 realtek audio driver download Windows 7 will not let me download Reinstall Internet Explorer8 realtek audio drivers Windows unexpectedly shuting down when idle help realtek drivers windows 7 3 Making use of the screws that came with all the motherboard, screw the board into place. Be sure to tighten just sufficient. If the screws are overtightened, the board might crack.,Keyboard And Mouse Not Working,Unable To Access Websites On Multiple Browers On Windows 8,Hide Rows Based On Today's Date,Cannot Start MS Outlook. Cannot Open The Outlook Window.,Replacement Mouse For The Wireless Keyboard And Mouse Desktop 4000.
Read More: [Anwsered] cannot use relative references in Conditional Formatting criteria for color scales.,How Can You Fix - Trying to install 2006 version of britannica on windows 7 but can't get past the stage of installer configuration.?,,,Troubleshoot:How do I stop error pop-ups Error,Western Caribbean Cruise,Prolong Your Clothes,Assigning drive letter not availabe,15+ minute delay before boot up,All desktop shortcuts opening with Windows Media Player by default. Error codes C00D1199 and C00D0FEA.