Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Solution to Problem: Findfast.exe - System Restore has failed

Findfast.exe - System Restore has failed

Original Title: System Restore is messing things up.
Hi.
About a week ago, I ran the program "Norton Power Eraser" that I found on an old flash drive, just to check up on my system's health, when it discovered a so-called virus called "findfast.exe." I removed it, only to discover that it completely
messed up Microsoft Word 97, which I had installed a few days previously to test it out.
It was an application installed by Office and part of it.
The computer has Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition.
Anyway, I ran a system restore, which failed.
I then
found out that Norton Power Eraser has an undo function, which I used.
However, I had to update my Norton 360 software, which somehow had 5 components off and no definitions installed.
Everything seemed to go back to normal.
Two days later, Action Center began
saying that my antivirus, antispyware, and firewall were off.
The weird thing is, they weren't--at least, that's what Norton 360 said.
So I ran another system restore--which worked, but Skype and other programs weren't working.
So I undid the system restore, which came up with a failure message.
I then reinstalled Norton 360.
Things seemed to go fine--until two days later (which
is today), when Action Center once again said all three security features were off, even though Norton said they were on.
I looked in Task Manager, which shows all of the Symantec processes running, and the page file usage is about the same as always (1.7
GB) when the system is idle.
I also downloaded a file from the web, and Norton's Download Insight, part of the antivirus engine, scanned and verified it.
What is going on here?
On top of that, both Device Manager, Norton Diagnostic Report, and PC-Doctor say this about my memory card reader, the F drive: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
(Code 19).
When I plugged in an SDHC card to test it, it worked normally.
I could read and write from the disk, and properly eject it.
When I plugged in a PNY flash drive, it said the same thing, though everything worked fine.
I also noted that the "Hardware
Failure" noise played after plugging it in, even though it worked normally.
Another flash drive of mine came up with no such error.
No Device Manager warnings, nothing.
I'm not infected with malicious software, either.
I ran a full Malwarebytes' scan and a Norton 360 Scan.
Nothing but a few tracking cookies. 
I think it's the System Restore.
I've heard that it's very faulty.
Can you give me any insight on what this might be, and what to do? It is very annoying.
Also, I think that if I did a Factory Restore it would work, but I've already done that once
before and it takes a lot of time to back up and then copy files, install programs, and redo settings.
Besides that, I have a game on the computer that cost me $30 and requires a product key.
They don't sell it anymore.
I'm worried that this may be the last
chance of using the key, since I've already used it twice on the same computer.
Is there a limit to product keys for games like Halo?
Sorry for making you read all this.
Thanks in advance.

Keys to the Problem Findfast.exe - System Restore has failed

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Hi,
 
I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.
 
Step 1: Unregister and re-register WMIUTILS.DLL file
a.    Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
b.    In the Run dialog box, type the following text:
c.    regsvr32 /u WMIUTILS.DLL
d.    Click OK.
e.    Restart the computer.
f.     Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
g.    In the Run dialog box, type the following text:
h.    regsvr32 WMIUTILS.DLL
i.     Click OK.
j.     Restart the computer.
 
Now check if the action center reports that all are turned on.
 
Step 2: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.
 
Did you check the device on a different USB port or on a different computer to see if it is working?
 
This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey.
You can try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter.
 
Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter
 
Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need any further assistance.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Open Action Center by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

Update and run your antivirus software. Windows doesn't come with antivirus software, but Action Center can often monitor the antivirus software that you or your computer manufacturer have installed.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Findfast.exe - System Restore has failed:

 

 

How to Fix Findfast.exe - System Restore has failed with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.


Related: Startup Error Failed to connect to a Windows service System Event Notification Service sic Task Scheduler not always closing down program text wrap not working in Word Upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Now my Lexmark Z515 printer will not work Can someone please help me The drivers for USB 2 0 arent showing up and dont seem to be usable I have ServicePack s 1 thru 3 The drivers used to show and work but not any more Is there a way I can get them back so my 2 0 items will work properly Symbols are not displayed in PDF when word is converted to pdf using Save As PDF Microsoft Addin The Security Center has not recorded an antivirus product when tried to generate System Health Report When conducting a search on Google or Bin search results are not visible I get a blank white page Ulead Photo Express 5 SE does not work with Win7 USB 2 0 devices plugged into USB 3 0 do NOT appear in Safely Remove HW VBA Excel find matching list files and copy to another folder What can I do to eliminate the not responding message I constantly get Web Proxy Not Responding USB Microsoft Mouse Not working upon boot whatsapp not connecting What should I do if my CD Drive reads some CDs but not others,Issues With Downloads And Installations Since Fresh Install Of Windows 7 64bit,Windows 8 - Browsers Font Rendering Issue! Blocky Fonts Text,Why Some Of Links Are Not Functioning In Web Pages (IE8)?,Internet Stops Working,Nesting Functions???,IMesh Is Not Working Only Minimizes,I Can't Uninstall ITunes And SupportSolutionsFramework.msi,I Have 3 Columns Out Of Many Columns Of Data Each With Hundreds Of Rows, I Need To Identify The Lowest Number In Each Row For These Three Columns Only And Reference The Column Title For That Particular Number.,Divide Information Into Two Columns,My Asus T100 Transformer Wont Turn On
Read More: I can't find my webcam? [Anwsered],after booting up from either sleepmode or hibernate, if I do nothing it shuts down. How can I change the length of time before it does this?,How Can You Fix - I recently installed Windows &. When I tried to create a system image backup I got an \"Access is Denied\" message. How do I correct this problem??,I copy and paste from Facebook messages and want to make a diary which program would be the best solution.,How to Fix Problem - Excel 2007 Dependent List linked to second Dependent List?,Alps pointing device stops working and resumes.,Attempting to use Conditional Formating with a variable,internet options not opening on IE 10,cannot open my emails. they are there but will not open,Microsoft Works 9 does not keep History items.

No comments:

Post a Comment