Windows 8.1 and HP printer problems
I am having problems with my Hp All in One J6450 printer after installing Windows 8.1. I installed the driver, I turned the computer and printer on and off.
I reinstalled the driver and repeated the process.
No luck with getting the printer to work.
Keys to the Problem Windows 8.1 and HP printer problems
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forum.
Let me ask you,
What is the error message that you receive?What happens when you try to print?
Try the following suggestions and check.
Method 1: Fix printer problems
Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers, or missing updates.
Hope this information is helpful.
Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Windows 8.1 and HP printer problems:
How to Fix Windows 8.1 and HP printer problems with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Startup Error Failed to connect to a Windows service System Event Notification Service sic Task Scheduler not always closing down program text wrap not working in Word Upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Now my Lexmark Z515 printer will not work Can someone please help me The drivers for USB 2 0 arent showing up and dont seem to be usable I have ServicePack s 1 thru 3 The drivers used to show and work but not any more Is there a way I can get them back so my 2 0 items will work properly Symbols are not displayed in PDF when word is converted to pdf using Save As PDF Microsoft Addin The Security Center has not recorded an antivirus product when tried to generate System Health Report When conducting a search on Google or Bin search results are not visible I get a blank white page Ulead Photo Express 5 SE does not work with Win7 USB 2 0 devices plugged into USB 3 0 do NOT appear in Safely Remove HW VBA Excel find matching list files and copy to another folder What can I do to eliminate the not responding message I constantly get Web Proxy Not Responding USB Microsoft Mouse Not working upon boot whatsapp not connecting What should I do if my CD Drive reads some CDs but not others,Issues With Downloads And Installations Since Fresh Install Of Windows 7 64bit,Windows 8 - Browsers Font Rendering Issue! Blocky Fonts Text,Why Some Of Links Are Not Functioning In Web Pages (IE8)?,Internet Stops Working,Nesting Functions???,IMesh Is Not Working Only Minimizes,I Can't Uninstall ITunes And SupportSolutionsFramework.msi,I Have 3 Columns Out Of Many Columns Of Data Each With Hundreds Of Rows, I Need To Identify The Lowest Number In Each Row For These Three Columns Only And Reference The Column Title For That Particular Number.,Divide Information Into Two Columns,My Asus T100 Transformer Wont Turn On
Read More: How to Resolve - Trouble opening a Word 2013 document with W,Solution to Error: WIn 8.1 and Bluetooth issues - BSOD and sporadic reboot,Windows/Prefetch/Readyboot fragmentation [Anwsered],How Can I Fix - Internet Explorer cant open page \"Operation Aborted\"?,Tech Support: My bluetooth adapter stopped working - Microsoft Surface Pro - Windows 8,Alps pointing device stops working and resumes.,Attempting to use Conditional Formating with a variable,internet options not opening on IE 10,cannot open my emails. they are there but will not open,Microsoft Works 9 does not keep History items.