when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse
original title: Waking windows 7 from sleep
Quite often when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse.
I have to hold the power button till the computer shuts off, than press the power on again. Other times when I put it into sleep mode
it wakes minits latter. I have set all swithes to never turn off hard drive and never auto put computer into sleep mode.
Solutions to the Problem when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse
Ensure that to enable the option of Allow this device to wake the computer for the Mouse and check if it helps, to do that follow the below provided steps.
1. Click on start.
2. Now type devmgmt.msc in the search files and programs field.
3. At the device manager screen, right click on the Mice and other pointing devices.
4. Select properties.
5. Now you have to click on power management tab.
6. Now check mark Allow this device to wake the computer.
Also Update the display adapters on your computer, to do that follow the steps below.
Update your video card, If you all ready have the latest drivers, uninstall and reinstall them, as drivers can quite easily become corrupted.
Here are the steps to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager:
Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
On the Device Manager window, look for the Display adapter and let us know if you see any yellow exclamation mark in front of the Device.
Right click on the Device and select Uninstall.
Re-install the latest Display drivers from the Manufacturer’s website.
Access the link below to know about how to get into Device Manager:
Now restart your computer and check for the issue.
You can also download the driver for the mouse from manufacturer’s website and install it.
Thanks and Regards:
Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse:
How to Fix when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: Am logged on to the Wa State Empl page but cannot get the check boxes on the application to show up on my computer My computer is a Toshiba Laptop running MS Windows XP Home Edition 2002 I have pop up blocker turned off asus driver download How do you backup all files to an external harddrive with Windows XP asus drivers I see BLUE when trying to install Windows6 1 KB958559 x64 RefreshPkg msu asus motherboard drivers Samsung A50 5MP Digital Camera will not connect to my 64 bit laptop with Windows 7 asus mainboard driver download START screen on Windows 8 blank No applications visible asus driver Windows Media Center opens but the closes program by itself and offers no solution asus driver Windows updates failing with errors 800B0100 and 80073712 asus motherboard drivers Realtek AC97 audio drivers for Windows 10 Realtek AC97 audio drivers for Windows 8.1 Realtek AC97 audio drivers for Windows 8,All Programs On The Desktop Open The Windows Media Center,Adding Radial Dials To Forms In Word 2010,Adobe Flash Player Up-dates Will Not Download. Manage Add-ons Does Not Show Anything Disabled.,Anything I Type In The Search Engine Immediately Closes IE 8.,Alps Pointing Device Stops Working And Resumes.
Read More: [Solved] Windows 8Pro keep crashing and having to restart ev,How Can I Fix - disappearing desktop icons - why??,[Anwsered] 'CCP stopped working' comes up when I get on my computer and then \"IAStortion stopped working\" pops up,How to Resolve - Cannot even download an anti virus?,Troubleshoot:copy and paste formulas from sheet to sheet,Programs Compatibility Application Applications App Apps Game Games Legacy Crash Crashes Hang Hangs,iMesh is not working only minimizes,How I can I restore MS-DOS backup (.bak) to Vista?,Won't connect to network, Ipconfig shows media state disconnected, Ipconfig release and renew not functional,On start-up I see: "Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS."