Monday, February 22, 2016

Tech Support: I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened.

I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened.

I run Windows XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop

Keys to the Problem I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened.

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

What version of Office do you have on the laptop?  Does the file behave the same way if you try to open it on the desktop?  If you copy the file to the laptop, is the behavior the same?  Is that the complete error message, or is there more to it?
Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
www.kvoa.com -- KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.

  • Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
  • Click on Boot Tab
  • Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
  • Select Network.
  • Click Apply and OK.
  • Reboot your System.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened.:

 

 

How to Fix I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: After connecting XBOX 360 with Media Center on Windows 7 more RAM is being used asus drivers Getting slow performance and registry errors in Windows XP asus com In Windows Live Mail the ABC icon appears in the ribbon but it is greyed out How can I use spell check if I cant use the button for it asus support Quite a big bug after the new Windows 8 1 update asus motherboard drivers Startup error WMI Windows Management Instrumentation is not connected asus driver Windows Media Player has a lagging issue asus mainboard driver download With Windows Vista hyper links in emails don t work after upgrading to IE 9 Should I have used 32 bit instead of 64 bit asus mainboard driver download five Insert the formatted flash drive right into a USB drive on your computer.,C Windows Installer c6cea msi The file is signed with a broken C VAIO Driver Download How to resolve My Windows 7 laptop freezes when I try to unlock VAIO Driver Download MS Outlook and Windows 7 sony vaio drivers Printer sharing from Windows 7 to Windows XP computer sony drivers download Start button right click menu options do not work in Windows 8 1 sony dvd drivers Why won t my power options setting change from the recommended settings in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit sony viao drivers Windows photo viewer can t open due to not having the correct permissions Sony VAIO Driver Download Broadcom BlueTooth driver DOWNLOAD
Read More: How Can You Fix - Trying to install 2006 version of britannica on windows 7 but can't get past the stage of installer configuration.?,Troubleshooter of Error: Microsoft Fix it said Problems solved preventing me from Updating Windows but Did not. The error code is; 80070643.,Fast Solution to Error: Windows 7 crashing on a regular basis, on start up I get continuous bleeps that go to a very low level after 30 seconds.,\"Base Filtering Engine Service\" Not available in services database list...what do i do and how do i get it back? Tech Support,How to Resolve - A Possible Bug In Excel?,autooplay stopped working. How do i get it to starrt up when i reinsert my usb,QNET Rip-off Review,The Fine Art Of Yelling,Formatted 2007 Word file opens in Compatibility Mode in 2010,Internet haltingly slow after loading Windows 7

No comments:

Post a Comment