Friday, March 4, 2016

Troubleshoot:ListBoxes in UserForms are driving me insane! Works sometimes, not always

ListBoxes in UserForms are driving me insane! Works sometimes, not always

I have been working with the UserForms as the idea seemed very nice and the display looked good.
  However, if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do all the time.
  I had been getting this H80004005 error, but I haven't got it for the last 3-4 hours,
which is nice.  However,  my working copy (which needs more embellishments) seems like doesn't want any new coded added to it.  Basically I display named ranges in the listboxes and when selections are made, I update the ranged names so that I will see less
selection choices.   Now, even though the ranged names are updated, all the ListBoxes display the original values.....   In order to achieve the filtering process, I used Advanced Filtering and get  the unique values from the columns I am interested in, and
update the named ranges accordingly.  

What is going on :-((((((   Do I need to trash all my efforts?

Keys to the Problem ListBoxes in UserForms are driving me insane! Works sometimes, not always

Download Error Fixer (Free)

It seems like this solution works (hopefully it won't be sporadic like before) 

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/438711-setting-userform-listbox-dynamic-range.html

I used

With Sheets("1")
        UserForm1.ListBox1.RowSource = Range(.Range("E2"), .Cells(Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp)).Address(, , , True)

End With

both in the UserForm initialization as well as in the regular VB module.  I had to do the second because there was no update otherwise.  Since I am just a basic user of VBA, I don't know all these details.

Make Sure that your Computer Meets the System Requirements

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you update where necessary before continuing.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: ListBoxes in UserForms are driving me insane! Works sometimes, not always:

 

 

How to Fix ListBoxes in UserForms are driving me insane! Works sometimes, not always with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: my CD DVD burner does not burn Linked Excel Tables not Visible Menus Links not working in IE9 Links in Facebook don t work click and drag is not working in Outlook Web Access Microsoft Excel 2007 Excel Jump List Not Showing Recent Documents Windows 7 My home pc has windows vista my router is a Linksys WRT110 my laptop has windows 7 When I try to connect to the internet my laptop does not connect and it kicks thehome pc off the net WHY Help my laptop says it is not connected to the internet Macro not sorting all columns in worksheet My tiles on start screen will not open it tells me it cannot open with administrator and to open with another account What can I do my computer will not let me download internet explorer My Window 7 Ultimate N will not go into sleep mode on its own my paste does not work at all i cannot access my games i think i have a virus or bugs on my computer Network cable is unplugged msg AND wireless will not stay connected on Vista Live ca email is coming from one of my contacts and not me No Microsoft Word Starter 2010 opening Followed directions and now nothing What can I do Mouse cursor randomly turns into a big plus sign and does not act like a mouse cursor at all,A Complete List Of Commands In Word 2010's Equation Editor?,AMD Event Client Module,Anchoring A Watermark,Attach Any Document Or Photo Into Hotmail,APPCRASH VHStoDVD5Starter.exe
Read More: cannot restore from a backup [Solved],How to Fix - Error code 0x80071A91?,How to Resolve - I have Internet Explorer 9 but sometimes it is recognized as Internet Explorer 6?,need driver for HP 4795,I need to change a calculation,How do/can you use multiple criteria in one criteria argument in SUMIFS & COUNTIFS functions?,Formatting: "Match Destination" vs "Keep source",Dynamics CRM

No comments:

Post a Comment