Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Troubleshoot:2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop?

2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop?

Today, I was going to upload my pictures onto my computer from my camera, but my anti-virus found viruses, trojans, etc.
It removed them from the camera, and then I did get to upload the pictures.
I just noticed that now on my desktop, there are 2 new icons(kind of transparent) and they both look kind of like this: notepad with a gear wheel on it.
They are both called "desktop" and on the properties say "configuration settings".
One is 174
bytes, and the other is 282 bytes.
I don't know if these are important, or if I should delete them. 
I just moved them into the recycle bin.
When I did open them to see what they said, it had like 2-3 lines of like random letters, numbers, and symbols.
I recall seeing the word "shell".
I was going to tell you guys what it actually says, when you
click on it, but when i was about to restore them, it said "Are you sure you want to move this system file? If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly".
So, I clicked "no". 
I have done a full scan on the computer, and it has found no threats.
Could you tell me what these are? Or if they are important and i should restore them? 
Thanks

Keys to the Problem 2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Those are
Desktop.ini files, and they're normal.  They're hidden files (which is why they're kind of transparent) that Windows uses to customize folders.  To avoid seeing them, go to Control Panel >Folder Options >
View and select Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives .
Boulder Computer Maven
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:

  • Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
  • A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
  • On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
  • Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
  • For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
  • There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
  • Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
  • After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
  • Check again to see if the error 2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop? has been fixed.

If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop?:

 

 

How to Fix 2 kind of transparent icons came up on my desktop? with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: 20gb difference between used space and sum of all folders Tech Support,How Can I Fix - 21997 error persists even after JRE ver 6 update 20. Why??,Solution to Problem: 15 column scatter chart,2007 excel chart: when I add a new data series, the left axis returns \"0\" [Solved],Solution to Problem: 2007 equation problem from old pc,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32

No comments:

Post a Comment