Sunday, March 20, 2016

[Solved] 32 bit programs won't run in Windows 7

32 bit programs won't run in Windows 7

My sony vaio laptop with pre-installed Windows 7 (home premium) was running fine till I shut it down on 29th December 2010 late night.
When I started the machine on 30th December 2010 I observed that neither internet explorer nor Google chrome was starting
(when I clicked the icon nothing happened).
I then searched for solutions online.
After sometime I observed that no program in "my programs (x86)" folder was running.
I then tried internet explorer (64 bit) and it started successfully.
I therefore concluded
that my system is not running 32 bit programs now.
I checked for viruses and spyware also but the system came out clean.
Prior to shutting the system down on 29th I didn't install any new program etc.
I have tried many forums, I found similar problem on one microsoft support website but no solution was posted there.
I will really appreciate some help in this matter.
Thanks a lot.
Syed - Canada

Keys to the Problem 32 bit programs won't run in Windows 7

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for your response.
I actually ran this command earlier too but no integrity violations were detected.
However, the problem seems to have been corrected.
I ran the action center detection from control panel > trouble shooting.
It detected a malware
(browserModifier:Win32/Zwangi) and removed it.
After that the system seems to be working fine and stable.
Thanks again for your help.
Syed - Canada

In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.

  • Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
  • Click on Boot Tab
  • Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
  • Select Network.
  • Click Apply and OK.
  • Reboot your System.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 32 bit programs won't run in Windows 7:

 

 

How to Fix 32 bit programs won't run in Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: How to Fix 3371 Errors in Windows XP,7,8&8.1?,Repair Corrupt Cab Files Error - How to Fix,Skchui.dll Error - How to Fix,Symantec Antivirus Slows Down Computer Error - How to Resolve,Error Windows Xp System Restore Incomplete Fix Solution,How to Fix - After updating from Internet Explorer 6 to Internet Explorer 9, my Favorites are lost?,How to Fix - Combination Stacked-Clustered Chart in Excel - Align data with horizontal tick marks?,Solution to Error: Macro to search and copy rows to different sheets based on cell value,Need solution to this problem in order to stop Vista from beeping.__"Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows",Server Error in '/' Application.Site also runtime error [Solved]
Read More: [Solution] 64-bit Windows cannot register FM20.DLL,64 bit processor [Anwsered],Tech Support: 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate side by side configuration error,Tech Support: 32-bit Shell extension error in drive,How Can You Fix - 6509 hp printer and running windows 7?,2 msn.com site,2007 Performance Issue / Very slow saves to network share,Can I use my HP D110A web service printer as a proxy server?,can i use a zoom 56k v.92/v.90 modem with 64b dileup? netzero said i might have the rong modem?,Can I downgrade to win 32-bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment