Tuesday, March 15, 2016

2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

Hello,
 
I just purchased a new Lenovo G580 laptop with Windows 8 64-bit and installed MS Office Professional 2010 on it.
I stored my 2010 Word docs from my old computer by emailing them to my Yahoo email account.
 
When I downloaded them from Yahoo! and saved them to my Documents folder and my Desktop on my new computer, many of them are now Microsoft Word 97-2003 docs with .doc extension.
Some of them are still .docx from 2010; any new doc I create
in my new computer is a 2010 .docx file.
Does anyone know what happened and can anyone tell me how to get these 97-2003 docs back to 2010? I tried to Save As to save as file type '.docx' but it wasn't an option in the drop down.
As an aside, I don't see '.docx' as an option on
any of the docs, and I thought for sure it was there before.
I remember choosing Save As from MS Word 2010 on my old computer and the file type drop down being longer, I may be wrong (maybe I haven't downloaded all the MS updates that I had on my old
computer??)
 
Thank you for your help.
 
P.S.

Keys to the Problem 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Document extensions do not just change of their own accord and the documents were probably saved in Word 97-2003 format in the first place.
 
If you open one of the documents in Word on your new computer and select Save As from the File tab of the Ribbon and you use the Save as type: drop down in the Save As dialog, the first item on the list will be Word Document (*.docx).
 
Are you saying that is not the case when you use File>Save As?

Machine Throttling
  • Click the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
  • On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
  • Reboot your computer.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010:

 

 

How to Fix 2010 Word docs t/f'd to new laptop are now 97-2003--help to t/f these back to 2010 with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: Troubleshoot:1935 error assembly policy 8.0 Microsoft VC80.CRT,Type win 32,How Can You Fix - 1722 error?,Fast Solution to Error: 2007 Excel locking and freezing up when copy,2007 excel chart: when I add a new data series, the left axis returns \"0\" [Solved],How to Fix - 2 spreadsheets same info, same column width, same font setup but one is wider than the other?,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32

No comments:

Post a Comment