A Simple Backup Question?
I have never used a full system image backup, nor need to.
I have a system image (70 GB) & says Data files (40 GB) on another hard drive.
Ive read where you cant choose a single thing to restore.
I see that backups can be on a schedule to add the new files.
Is it possible to access only personal files (like pictures- from the data files)?
I also copy my personal files (seperately) so I know I have them.
Do I need to do that?
Keys to the Problem A Simple Backup Question?
If you have no need fro a 'System Image' backup and only need to backup your files then choose a Files and Folders backup.
When you need to recover one or files or folders read the links provided below:
How to Restore Backup User and System Files in Windows 7
Restore files from a backup
Never be afraid to ask.
This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: A Simple Backup Question?:
How to Fix A Simple Backup Question? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Action Center - Nero not working but I haven't installed it.,[Solution] A \"Patch\" trys to attach to an \"Uninstalled\" program on every boot. How can I stop this?,Troubleshooter of Error: Actual RAM Size is 4GB but it is showing 2.96 GB usable why?,Tech Support: A document I created and saved won't disappear. It reappears each time I open Word 2007,How to Fix Problem - Accessing emails on my windows laptop?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up