Tuesday, March 15, 2016

How to Resolve - 12 svchost.exe processes using a LOT of memory.?

12 svchost.exe processes using a LOT of memory.

When I start my computer and log into Windows (7 Professional), I can open the task manager and see 12 instances of svchost.exe.
One of them usually is using +80,000 K, another like 40,000 K in memory.
There are like four others that are using anywhere from
10,000 K to 20,000 K.
Is this normal? It seems way excessive to me; I thought they were all supposed to be below ~15,000 K.
 
Also, when I click to open files in one of my harddrives, I notice two instances of searchprotocolhost.exe pop up (along with searchindexer.exe and searchfilterhost.exe).
One searchprotocolhost.exe is under user Phil (me), and the other is under system.
Just wanted to make sure this is normal, because oftentimes my computer gets really slow when this happens.
I also notice when I CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to the task manager during these slowdowns, I notice two dllhost.exes that, once clicked at all, promptly disappear.
 
I'm aware that at least one searchprotocol host is normal and is part of the Windows Search.
And indexing happens when you allow a harddrive to be indexed for faster reference by Windows.
However, I've tried to uncheck the box for indexing on my C: Drive,
and I get a lot of access denied messages, the first one being with a file C:\Program Files\Commo...\Alphabet.xml.
 
I don't think I have a virus, since I only recently did a clean install.
I've ran Malware Bytes, Avira, and RegCure, and they've found nothing.
Just wondering what I should do and whether I actually have anything to be worried about.
Thanks.

Anwsers to the Problem 12 svchost.exe processes using a LOT of memory.

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Run CHKDSK

  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.
An error might pop up:

"Access denied as you do not have significant privileges. You have to invoke this utility in elevated mode."

If you receive the above error message, it means you are not logged into you computer as an Administrator. If that's the case, follow these steps to run the command prompt in elevated mode:

  • Go to theStart button.
  • Go to "All Programs > Accessories" and right click on "Command Prompt".
  • Select "Run as Administrator".
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: 12 svchost.exe processes using a LOT of memory.:

 

 

How to Fix 12 svchost.exe processes using a LOT of memory. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: How to Fix Problem - 2010 Mail Merge?,Fast Solution to Problem: 16 bit o\/s in virtual pc,[Anwsered] 2 BSODs On WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT,How Can I Fix - 21997 error persists even after JRE ver 6 update 20. Why??,Solution to Error: 2013 Excel does not work,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32

No comments:

Post a Comment