1606 error code trying to install java
i'm trying to install java on my computer (vista) but it states "fail to install" 1606 error code.
and the fix it yourself doesn't work, or installing offline, tried restoring my system, is there anything i can do to fix this issue????
Keys to the Problem 1606 error code trying to install java
Could you please provide the fixit link that you are referring to?
I would suggest you to try the following steps:
Through my research I noticed that, this issue may occur due to the security software present on the computer.
Step 1: Disable the security software and then try to install the java, follow the steps mentioned below
Important: Enable the security software back once everything is done.
If the issue persists,
Step 2: Enable clean boot on the computer,
download and then install the offline installation package
Put the computer in clean boot
Follow Step 1 in the link below,
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem.
Important: - Remember to put the computer back to normal startup
follow step 7 in the link.
Navigate to the link below to download offline installation package
Thanks and Regards:
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 1606 error code trying to install java:
How to Fix 1606 error code trying to install java with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly
Read More: 20gb difference between used space and sum of all folders Tech Support,How to Fix Problem - 2010 Mail Merge?,Troubleshoot:2011 Word for Mac - My center alignment and all alignments for some reason, no matter what will move my whole paper instead of the highlighted text,[Solution] 2 laptops 2 desktops all on network but 1 laptop has no access to internet wired or wireless what should i do,Tech Support: 1394 net adapter device cannot start Code 10 - Yellow flag,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32