18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!
I have XP and after running a maintenance "disk cleanup" on my C drive, Outlook Express 6.0 lost the last 18 months of my Inbox. No emails from any other folders were missing, just my Inbox.
They weren't in the deleted file and I didn't think to check my
recycle bin. I did a Restore on my computer, which didn't help. Is there any way to recover those lost emails? There is nothing in the Recycle bin now. I went to the message Store in OE, clicked on the Inbox.dbx file and got the message "windows cannot
open this file .
" I really need to recover those emails. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(After reading the advice to others, I will save my emails elsewhere from now on).
Anwsers to the Problem 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Open Run command as previously described
- Type MSConfig
- Click on Boot tab
- Tick Safe boot in Boot option
- Select Network
- Click Apply and OK
- Reboot your system
Your system will boot in Safe mode with Networking. You may now try and open Windows Store and should not see any errors.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!:
How to Fix 18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup! with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1327 Invalid Drive Z Error Code 80004004 Error Code 137 80072ee7 Fix 3315 Error 26 3213 1726 0X6be Error Code 1393 Acaptuser32 dll Error 3050 Biosinfo dll,Fast Solution to Fix Error 1017 Received Logging On To The Standby Error,Installation Error 1706 Error Fixer,Loopback Failure Error - How to Fix,How to Fix Pro Registry Cleaner Error,How to Fix Win 7 Installation Error Code: 0x800705070 Error Quickly,IE 8: Can't Send Page by Email AND Can't Send Link by Email,I can't connect to yahoo.com for online gaming after installing ex9 is there a problem?,c drive says full with 58gb and drive d has 219gb how to fromat drive c for more gb,Automatic Spelling Correction in MS Excel 2007,Attempting to install a financial program and getting error with regsvr32