Desktop taskbar doesn't retain settings after standby in Windows 7
So my task bar is setup to "Not autohide", which means that maximized windows don't hide behind the task bar. Now when I put my Windows 7 notebook to sleep I close the lid of my Dell Studio XPS 16. Now the problem is that my notebook automatically wakes
up around 5pm (the ld is still closed), to do some activities (ie, backup via my Windows Home Server), but the task bar no longer has the characteristics as being "not autohide". What I means is that maximized window appear to maximize underneath the task
bar, so I cannot see the status bar of the maximized window. So while the task bar is visible, Windows believes it's hidden, so that maximized windows open to the entire resolution of the screen, and not the resolution - the task bar height.
I can duplicate this 100% of the time.
As a side problem, I have a bunch of notes, and they are normally on my external monitor which is setup in Extend mode. When the notebook comes out of sleep (when the lid is still closed), those notes automatically move to the primary notebook display instead
of remaining on the second display.
Both issues only occur when the notebook comes out of standby with the lid still in the close position. If the lid of the notebook is opeen at the time of coming out of standby, these problems do not occur.
Anyone else see these problems?
Solutions to the Problem Desktop taskbar doesn't retain settings after standby in Windows 7
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Desktop taskbar doesn't retain settings after standby in Windows 7
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Desktop taskbar doesn't retain settings after standby in Windows 7:
How to Fix Desktop taskbar doesn't retain settings after standby in Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Troubleshooting:deleting browsing history won't stop nor will canceling Error,Cut down Win 7 after System Image restore to new HDD,Dell 922 AIO printer needs driver update for windows 7 premiun [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: Date & Time custom format query,How Can You Fix - Desktop icons show as generic icons?