Monday, September 26, 2016

Troubleshooter of Error: Desktop Icons change the order after restart

Desktop Icons change the order after restart

Original title: Desktop Icons in the Land of Window 8
Greetings My Friends.
Before I go into my question I'd like to thank everyone who most graciously assisted me with the many difficulties I had with my former Dell XPS Studio 8100, running Windows 7, Service Pack One that has since gone to the realms of puffy
clouds, halos, and **** cherubs flyin' around pluckin' away at harps.
Sadly it had succumbed to the Cyber Devils and Digital Demons that infected it.
Even after having the Pixel Priest perform an Electrosisim replete with the anointing of Holy Solder, the
laying of digits upon Control-Alt-Delete, an attempting to Restore to an earlier time the computer was deemed CPU dead.
So at 2:35am on July-11-2013 with a tear in either eye and with a shaking hand I pulled the plug on my 3 year old Dell XPS Studio 8100 paper
weight and it quietly passed into the mist of the either net and the big internet in the cloud.:) So now I have a new ASUS computer and it runs Windows 8, and a few things are not as they were in Windows 7 like the arrangement of the desktop icons.
Now in
Windows 7 I was able to resize, change the image, and place the icons wherever I wanted to, and as long as I unchecked the "Align To Grid" box in the settings under View they would remain locked in their assigned positions.
Okay assuming that the settings
for the icons were the same as they were in Windows 7 in Windows 8 I went about painstakingly arranging my icons.
After I'd finished my task I went into view and unchecked that pesky "Align To Grid" box and all seemed well until I had the need to restart the
computer.
After the restart my desktop came up on the screen and I couldn't believe my eyes, all the icons that I had so carefully arranged were back in their original positions that they were in before I changed them? I quickly went into view and wouldn't
you know it the "Align To Grid" box was checked! I tested this confusing situation many times and ever time the results were the same? Now, once again I seek the counsel and wisdom from you the Windows Wizards, Microsoft Mages, and Digital Defenders of the
Net in the hopes that you may have a solution to my situation.
Sincerely Yours, Tiffany Amber Snow esq.
"Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope"

Solutions to the Problem Desktop Icons change the order after restart

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Hi Tiffany,
 
This issue may happen if there are some themes which are installed on the computer, that interferes with the working of Desktop icons.
 
Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.
a: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop, and then click
Personalize.

b: Then Click Change Desktop Icons option present at the Top left corner.
c: Uncheck the option Allow Themes to change desktop icons.
d: Click Apply and then Ok.
 
Please reply if you have any questions.

In this method we will try to Boot in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists.

  • Search "MSCONFIG" and Open.
  • Click on Boot Tab
  • Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option
  • Select Network.
  • Click Apply and OK.
  • Reboot your System.

Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Desktop Icons change the order after restart:

How to Fix Desktop Icons change the order after restart with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.


Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 2.6.23.40059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.7.62.0.50 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.8.0.2.3,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Solution to Error: Dell Datasafe not responding, Runtime error #?,Troubleshoot:DEP shuts down IE,[Solved] delete rows cued by number of blank cells (VBA script),deleting email addresses on windows sign in Tech Support,Solution to Problem: Dell Latitude laptop running Windows 7 freezes after booting up

No comments:

Post a Comment